Tag Archives: Chad Durbin

September MMLBRC: Philadelphia Phillies

On the first Monday of each month we roll out our Monthly MLB Report Card (forever to be known as MMLBRC) for the Mets, Phillies and Yankees. We’ll still check in from time to time with short posts to quickly take the pulse of each team, but think of the MMLBRC as an in depth physical (anal probing not included). Truthfully, a month is probably too small of a sample size to make overarching claims like we will attempt to, but dammit, you want content! So rather than write well-reasoned quarterly updates, we’ll make rash decisions based on far too little data. Now in the box: the defending NL East champs.

Continue reading

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Philadelphia, Philadelphia Phillies

Wanted: Fifth starter

Classified Ad

We’re just over two weeks from Opening Day and the Phillies’ fifth starter is about as set in stone as the Democratic presidential nomination. About 10% of this is because there are so many candidates for the fifth spot; the other 90% is because not a single one of those candidates has looked anything like a major league starter this spring.

Continue reading

1 Comment

Filed under Philadelphia, Philadelphia Phillies

Garcia redux? (examining the Phils bullpen)

Courtesy of sportsnet.ca

Wasn’t that nice of Brad Lidge? Before Phillies fans got overexcited about the upcoming season, he did us the courtesy of tempering expectations by reinjuring his knee on Saturday during batting practice. If you don’t get your hopes up, then how can you be disappointed, right?

Continue reading

1 Comment

Filed under Philadelphia, Philadelphia Phillies